Friday, February 28, 2014

Top Ten Quotes From Vampires in America

I have recently found a new love interest in my life. Strange I know but, I absolutely adore the Vampires in America series. Now, in case you haven't read it yet (tsk, tsk shame on you!), I decided to share some of the best quotes out of the books I have read so far. Watch for the reviews from Rajmund and Sophia, they are coming soon!

“Would it be so terrible, sweet Cyn?” he whispered. “To spend eternity at my side?” But she was too far gone in sleep, and Raphael didn't know if he wanted to hear her answer anyway.”
D.B. Reynolds, Raphael 

 “He laughed in exultation as he came upon the house, the rush of his full power better than any human drug, the joy of its unfettered release expanding his heart with every beat, gorging his lungs with every breath.”
D.B. Reynolds, Raphael 

“You,” he snarled, closing his fingers around the front of her jacket again, pulling her against his body and up onto her toes, holding her there as he lowered his mouth to hers. But Sid wasn’t ready to kiss and make up, so she bit his lip angrily.

“Look,” she snapped, trying without success to push him away. “I get the whole alpha male, vampire lord-of-all-he-surveys thing, okay? I kind of even like it in the bedroom. But out in the real world, you are not the boss of me. I don’t forfeit my brain just because we have sex. And I’ll do whatever I think necessary to get my story. Besides, it’s not like most of what I do is dangerous. I’m not exactly Woodward and Bernstein material. But I’m not stupid either. I don’t take unnecessary risks, and I’m careful with the risks I do take.”

Aden was eyeing her with very little expression on his face, which made it difficult to tell how he was receiving her liberated woman speech. Whatever his reaction was, however, it didn’t extend to his body which was hard and ready to fuck, and no question about it.

“Kind of like it?” he asked finally, a corner of his mouth curling upward with amusement as he focused on the one part of her speech that she’d thought he’d have no problem with. “I think I can do better than that.”
D.B. Reynolds, Aden 



“I have been mastered at last, sweet Cyn, helpless in the face of that most human of failings, I love you.”
D.B. Reynolds, Jabril 

“Do you think my Cyn would like a souvenir?" he asked Duncan.
Duncan leaned sideways to study the dripping organ.
"probably not, My lord.”
D.B. Reynolds, Sophia 

“Did you ever find it?" Cyn asked.
"What's that?"
"Something he wouldn't give you?"
"You know, Cynthia, I did. Very recently,in fact.
"What was it?"
"You”
D.B. Reynolds, Jabril

“Tread lightly, little one." He warned. "You don't want to push me. Not tonight." Her eyes darkened with anger, narrowing as she met his gaze. "Really? And why is that Raj?"..."I am tired of you thinking you have the right to control me. You are not my boyfriend, and you sure as hell are not my keeper, so from where I stand, you've got no claim on me what so ever. Like the song says, you don't want me for yourself so let me find someone else. It's shit or get off the pot time, Raj. It's now or never, Time to-" She gave a shriek as Raj swung an arm around her waist and lifted her off her feet. He threaded the fingers of one hand through her hair and pulled it aside, freeing the long line of her neck. "Then I choose now," he growled and sank his fangs into the velvet skin of her neck puncturing the fragile walls of her jugular.”
D.B. Reynolds, Rajmund 

“Something had happened, Something terrible, Raphael was raging, his unbound wrath waking every vampire in the building, threatening to tear the walls down around them and causing the very air to vibrate for those with senses to feel it. She'd never experienced such raw pain from one so powerful and she dreaded to discover what had caused it.”
D.B. Reynolds, Sophia 

“Raphael stripped off the robe and showered quickly. Normally he wouldn't have bothered since he intended to bathe in his enemy's blood before the night was over. But he was covered in Cyn's Blood and she was his. Her BLOOD was his, and no one else's. So he let the soap and water sluice over his body, and he swore privately that the blood of those who harmed his Cyn would run like water tonight.”
D.B. Reynolds, Sophia 

“What is it about her, Duncan?” he said finally. “She fights me at every turn, then nearly dies defending me. She comes more than willingly to my bed, then runs the very next morning. She wants nothing to do with me, and yet I find her... fascinating.”
D.B. Reynolds, Raphael  

No comments:

Post a Comment