Friday, February 28, 2014

Motorcycle Man Review

Title: Motorcycle Man
Author: Kristen Ashley

Synopsis:

Get ready to ride . . .
Tyra Masters has had enough drama to last a lifetime. Now, she's back on track and looking forward to her new, quiet life. Until she meets the man of her dreams. The tattooed, muscled biker plies her with tequila-and the best sex of her life. She knows it isn't the tequila and hot sex talking. He's the kind of man she's always wanted. Unfortunately, he's also her new boss . . .

Kane "Tack" Allen has a rule. He doesn't employ someone he's slept with. So when he learns he spent last night in bed with his new office manager, he quickly fires Tyra. Yet when Tyra stands up to him and fights for her job, Tack is intrigued. He tells her she can keep her job on one condition: no more sex. Ever. But as things heat up between them, Tack finds that he'll be the one breaking all the rules...

Review:
“We've hit the hot guy motherlode.” 
This is the second book by Kristen Ashley I have been lucky enough to read and once again the story was fantastic. Not only does the book scorch the pages but there is enough drama to keep you on your toes. Or in my case, staying up until 5 am to finish the book. 

I loved Tack. I love bikers, thanks SOA. Tack is the epitome of controlled, ruthless, temperamental, loving and caring. I loved to see the difference in Tack the Biker, Tack the Jerk, Tack the Father and Tack the Lover. His personality had many faces and his character was written beautifully. The reader is able to feel his emotions right along with him, that is how well he was written.

“Baby,” his voice gentled, “this is me seein’ to that soft spot when I say quiet-like that I... will... be... there... in ten. And what I mean is, when I get there in ten, your ass better be there.”
Oh boy.
“Are you coming on your bike?”
“Yeah.”
“I’m in a tight, short, little aquamarine dress with high heels. I can’t get on a bike.
“You’re in a tight, short dress and high heels?” Tack asked.
“Yes.”
“I’ll be in there in five.”

Tyra was another one that I adored. The perfect compliment to Tack. She was sugar, spice and everything nice. It takes a very strong female character to roll with the punches like she did, and I love the strong heroines in my books. She wasn't opposed to telling Tack to screw off and how to get there. I loved how sweet she was to Tack's kids, even when she was uncomfortable in the situation. I even loved when she tried to kick the crap out of his ex-wife, it was perfect.

“Truth, honesty, perseverance, strength, love of all kinds and forgiveness are all beautiful, Tack. The most beautiful stories ever told are the most difficult to take.”

I think Tack and Tyra's story will remain one of my favorites.Not just in the Dream Man Series, but period. I loved everything about the two of them. It was obvious from the very beginning the love was there and it was great watching these two characters work it out from there! There were two sides to the same coin, and I couldn't help but wonder what was going to come out of Tack's mouth next.

No comments:

Post a Comment