Friday, February 28, 2014

Charred Heart Review

Title: Charred Heart
Author: Lizzy Ford

Synopsis:
For a thousand years, Chace has searched for a way to break the curse placed on him by a jilted lover. He’s a dragon shifter, one who can’t control when the magic will force him into a different form. He’s already lost everyone he ever cared about a few times over and doesn’t know how much longer he’s meant to suffer.

At his wit’s end, he makes a deal with a mysterious figure that offers him what he wants most – an end to his misery – in exchange for everything that’s his: His life, his power. His heart.

The next day, he meets Skylar, a modern day dragon slayer whose mission is to cage him – or kill him. Sexy, witty and brave, she is the yin to his yang, the woman destined to break the curse, balance his magic and make his broken heart whole.

Except it’s too late. Not only has he sealed his fate, but an innocent one-night-stand with Skylar has dragged her into the middle of a deal with the devil, one she won’t escape, if he can’t convince her that dragon shifters aren’t her enemies.

Review:
Not that the cover didn't catch my eye first but guess what drug me into this book? If you guessed dragon shifter you would be absolutely correct! Only adding to the intrigue was the fact that it was a more modern, paranormal fairy tale retelling of Beauty and The Beast. Be still my heart. Lizzy Ford seems like a woman after my own heart.

Chace is an intriguing character who plays 'the beast' role perfectly. He is tormented and only wants to find a way to break the curse. But in the end, he only wants to save Skylar.

Skylar was one heck of a character. Funny and attractive can be a deadly combination, especially for someone like Chace. She was written as the perfect combination to him, a way to tame the wild dragon.

In the interest of complete disclosure, I liked this version a lot better than Beauty and The Beast. I love my dragon shifters, whether they can control it or not. Lizzy Ford is an author that I am sorry I missed out on so far, I won't make that mistake again. I am going to pick up the rest of the series and I hope each book is as good as this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment