Thursday, February 27, 2014

Bitten by Treachery by Shawntelle Madison Review

Title: Bitten by Treachery
Author: Shawntelle Madison

Synopsis:
It's not like Charly the witch wanted to betray the Hadley werewolves. Or infiltrate the pack. But it's the only way to save her mother and protect her coven from a dark evil. She's a witch in wolf's clothing - until an unfortunate bite forces her to become the one thing she detests the most.

The last time a witch came to Hadley, she almost destroyed Trenton's pack. He won't let it happen again, especially now that this lone wolf is feeling so drawn to a certain new new girl in town. Charly is the most intriguing woman he's ever met, and he wants to know all about her.

The passion between Charly and Trenton shocks them both, but can she trust him with her secret...and her heart? One thing is for certain: she has to tell him the truth soon - before it brings about the end of both Trenton and the innocent citizens of Hadley.


Review:
First of all, I absolutely adore Shawntelle Madison's books. I was lucky enough to read and review Repossessed not so long ago and I had the galley of this book so I dove right in. Sadly, I am way behind on reviews so it took me a minute to get to post it. She weaves an incredible amount of magic, love, and lust into each story she writes. The sexual chemistry between her characters is great! She is an author in a class all of its own. 

Bitten by Treachery was an amazing paranormal romance read! I loved it, from cover to cover, all night long. My boss, probably not so much. I don't think it will be the last time he detests the fact that I read and review books ;) It was way too easy to get completely engrossed in this book. 

The character development is amazing. Charly and Trenton really come alive for the readers and you find yourself loving them to pieces. They are adorable together. While it seems Charly's heart was in the right place in the beginning, that quickly changes as she becomes attracted to Trenton.

What I really enjoyed was the fact that this novella was complete. It didn't leave you waiting for a full length novel to come out (not that I wouldn't buy it). A lot of times, novellas leave you wanting more. While I wish I had a little more time in Hadley, I'll gladly take what was given. I will be on the look out for book three!

No comments:

Post a Comment