Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Knock Out by Michele Mannon

I cannot sing the praises of Knock Out and Michele Mannon enough. I was in love with this book from the very beginning. It was everything I was looking for in a book! It was sweet, conflicted, emotional, angry, vengeful and happy all in one.

I love the world of mixed martial arts, so in all honesty any book that centers around it is OK by me. However Ms. Mannon drew me into the world of Keane and Logan effortlessly. I read a few of the other reviews that spoke of the errors in terms, while some of them may have been big errors I don't think it took away from this book at all. Frankly, most of the people that read this book won't be looking for an instructional book on MMA. This book is solid. Well written and engages the reader so easily, it is worth the afternoon you are going to spend lost in it.

I loved the ballerina turned MMA ring card girl, Logan. She possessed an inner strength that sets her apart from most of the heroines in romance books. While she may be headstrong she learned when to throw her cards on the table. She was incredibly written.

Keane was incredible. It can't be easy to write the character of an ex-marine dealing quietly with PTSD turned MMA fighter. I loved his possessive streak and how he kept his promises to Logan. A little emotionally brutal sometimes, but the ending is so worth it.

When you read Knock Out, the plot will have you excited to turn the page, but sad when you know it's coming to an end. I can't wait to read it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment