Monday, February 10, 2014

Raphael Book Review

Title: Raphael
Author: D.B. Reynolds
Series: Vampires in America

Synopsis:
Malibu, California-home to rock-and-roll gods and movie stars, the beautiful, the rich... and vampires.

Powerful and charismatic, Raphael is a Vampire Lord, one of the few who hold the power of life and death over every vampire in existence. Thousands call him Master and have pledged absolute loyalty on their very lives. But when, in a brazen and deadly daylight attack, a gang of human killers kidnaps the one female vampire he'd give his life for, Raphael turns to a human investigator to find his enemies before it's too late.

Cynthia Leighton is smart, tough and sexy, a private investigator and former cop who's tired of spying on cheating spouses and digging out old bank accounts. When Raphael asks for her help in tracking down the kidnappers, Cyn's happy to accept. But she soon realizes her greatest danger comes not from the humans, but from Raphael himself.

Battling Russian mobsters and treacherous vampires, and betrayed by those they trusted, Cyn and Raphael find themselves fighting for their lives while caught up in a passion of blood and violence that is destined to destroy them both.

Review:
I am 100% completely and utterly in love with this series! Raphael was steamy, hot, action-packed, and everything a vampire series should be. D.B. Reynolds I cannot believe it has taken this long for me to start reading this series, I obviously had no idea what I was missing. I must have been buried under a rock. 

“Raphael came through the door like a child's nightmare, his eyes glowing an almost solid silver with wrath, his gleaming fangs fully extended, blood painting his mouth a brilliant red, dripping from his chin to shine wetly against the tattered remains of his black shirt. His huge chest was heaving with the fury of his breath, and his hands curled into claws as his gaze found her and he growled a warning. 'Release her, human.''Who are you? the man rasped, fear taking away his breath, coarsening his voice.'Release her.'The man tightened his grip, 'Come closer and she dies.'Rachael's mouth widened in a terrifying smile, 'You think to bargain with me?”
I love the alpha males that are tall, dark and mouth watering sexy, thankfully Raphael fits that to a T. Attitude wise he is everything that I need in my vamps: dangerous, cocky, full of himself and intriguing. He is every bit the Lord Vampire of his territory that he is made out to be.

Cyn, was headstrong, tough, and ass-kicking. I loved it. I get tired of the worst me, please save me heroines that are featured in a lot of the books I like. Cyn, thankfully, was nothing like them and was perfectly capable of standing on her own two feet.

These two characters were a sight to behold together. I thought they complimented each other well. Every once in awhile a vampire lord needs put in his place after all. The heat between them was evident immediately and as the story progressed the heat became almost unbearable until it exploded in spontaneous sex, in a warehouse with lots of people around. Oops.

The plot was well written and progressed quickly. It was a great read, the only thing I didn't really care for was the ending, but I know it gets better next book. After all, we all need endings like that in our lives once in awhile. It teaches us to learn patience. Which, I suck at by the way.

The cover? Oh my god, have you looked at? I did, numerous times. Kind of mouth watering isn't it? Based on the cover alone I would have bought ten copies. I mean, what more do you need and frankly if you look at the covers of the rest of this series, you won't even need wall paper anymore. Just plaster the cover pictures all around your bedroom. You'll thank me later. You can have happy dreams forever just by looking at them before you fall asleep.

I would definitely give this book 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment